Гирус во Франции
PERFORMANCE DRIVEN BY PARTNERSHIPS
GIRUS has entered into long-term partnerships with a number of highly specialised external organisations, to reinforce its research and development activities and foster creativity within the company.
QUALITY, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL CERTIFICATION
In response to its clients’ trust and to enshrine best practices in its every-day work and the projects it implements, the management system of Quality-Safety- Environment GIRUS complies with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ILO- repository OSH.
GIRUS engaged for several years, a move that allowed him to be certified by AFAQ from 2006 to 2015 for all its activities and sites (renewal of the current certification) , on three fronts: quality benefits, that of security and also of controlling the environmental impact of its business.
The objectives of GIRUS’ quality, safety and environment policy can be summarised in the following four points:
- Prepare good quality documents, constantly ensuring that our actions comply with the client’s order.
- Work more effectively, more calmly and in total safety within an efficient organisation, giving the project manager, who is responsible for relations with the client, the authority and support he needs.
- Build our nation-wide presence on our existing business lines in the building construction, energy production and environment sectors, thanks to our cross-disciplinary teams.
- Strive constantly to minimise our environmental impacts by implementing a plan of scheduled, monitored measures.
For these targets to be met, managers must ensure that all GIRUS employees are aware of their responsibilities and efforts must continue to improve our procedures.
The evaluation of our processes and our client’s satisfaction must continue to guide us as we fine-tune our processes.
The first step was to organise the “GIRUS, a socially responsible company” debate, to gather ideas, thoughts and proposals for action on this topic and then define effective, dynamic resources with the following aims:
- Create a forum to discuss the aims of actions, gather individual suggestions, etc., and explore ideas that could improve our day-to-day practices,
- Facilitate links with other organisations with which we could establish partnerships (for example, humanitarian or cultural organisations, NGOs, etc.) and foster the sharing of knowledge,
- Initiate and highlight voluntary activities in partnership with other companies or organisations (start-ups, secondary schools, etc.),
Promote socially responsible behaviour (sorting waste, saving energy, car-pooling, giving blood, etc.).
COMMITTED TO COOPERATION WITH ACAL
A.C.A.L. (Association Culture Arts et Loisirs – Culture, Art and Leisure Association) is a non-profit association based in Lyon, whose objective is to promote exchanges between deaf, hearing-impaired and non-impaired people through cultural, artistic and other leisure activities.
The association also aims to inform the general public and integrate the deaf culture into our society. It campaigns in the following areas:
- The recognition of sign language,
- Facilities for the deaf and hearing-impaired in public places,
- The provision of subtitles in public transport,
GIRUS also supports the “MERTERRE” association, which fights for the protection and remediation of the seabed.
This association was created in April 2000 to contribute to the reduction of coastal pollution by macro-waste, by:
- Giving managers a better understanding of the specific nature of macro-waste pollution, in particular by explaining its origins,
- Drawing up remedial and preventive action programmes,
- Assisting managers with the implementation of the plans,
This is the business incubator at the urban development technology park in Vaulx-en-Velin.
The Vaulx-en-Velin urban development technology park is one of the seven centres of excellence being supported by the Lyon urban area authority. The aim is to promote a comprehensive approach to the development of these centres, by reinforcing their area of expertise through measures including partnerships between the research and production sectors.
The “Espace Carco” is a business incubator that specialises in urban development sciences (civil engineering, urban engineering, architecture, building construction, etc.), and is the first accomplishment of the Vaulx-en-Velin technology park. It is the result of a partnership between the municipal council, the École Nationale des Travaux Publics de l’État, the Architecture School and GIRUS.
The objective of the 300 m2 incubator is to provide services for start-ups including an equipped office, logistics (fax machine, photocopier, etc.), support staff (commercial teams, telephone receptionist, etc.) and various à la carte services.